15 – Beignet skirt, Plantain/Tonic tee, un-shaped Boyfriend cardi, 16 – another Plantain/Tonic tee, teal linen circle skirt, the same cardi as the day before, plus, not pictured, me-made half-slip 17 – teal circle skirt, Scout tee in Cotton + Steel rayon… and, later, Laurel dress 18 – Laurel blouse, handknit cardigan, RTW pants, 19 – Plantain tee with RTW pants, 20 – Beignet with a rayon Laurel blouse, Laurel dress in the evening, 21 – Veronika circle skirt with a brand new Plantain/Tonic tee
Past the half-way point, yay! Selfies remain difficult but I will admit that they are really useful.
What I’ve learned so far, in no particular order of importance:
- I really like the simple tops I’ve made so far, especially the Laurels and Scouts in rayon and the tees I’ve made from my Plantain/tee mashup pattern
- I should make another Beignet skirt
- the Laurel dress in the rayon print I’ve been on the fence about is actually incredibly practical, comfortable, and just nice. I need another one like that.
May sewing so far:
- Rooibos — definitely growing on me. I’m wondering whether a 3/4 sleeve tee in white would work underneath on colder days…
- Plantain/Tonic tee with cap sleeves: made it on Friday and I really like it. The fabric is an interlock knit from Joann’s. It’s a bit on the thicker side, with — I think — quite a lot of cotton. Feels and looks nice, isn’t transparent. We’ll see how it wears. Intended as a replacement for a RTW tee in a similar color that is thinning with every wash.
- the third project I promised myself… we shall see. The McCall’s dress is on the verge of a fiasco, suddenly. I don’t know yet if I can rescue it. Pretty sad about that.
Off to figure out some baby sewing and get away from my McCall’s dress crisis.
How is your Me-Made May going?